Wellwex is coming! On Sunday July 21st Wexford Racecourse will play host to Wexford’s first Wellness Festival. All our local movers and shakers in the areas of fitness, nutrition, yoga, mindfulness, creativity as well as national influencers like Pat Divilly will be there to share what they’re all about with everyone who attends.
Only Natural will be there too. We’re so excited about Wild Nutrition our new, cutting edge supplements brand and so look forward to showing them off on the day. Ashling, Wild Nutrition’s Nuritional Expert, will be with us on the day to explain just why they’re so different to other supplements and to give advice to all comers. The range specialises in Female Health issues but covers all aspects of health. With once off special offers on the day we look forward to seeing you there.
And while on the subject of Health Exhibitions don’t forget that the Vitality Expo in the RDS is now in its second year. Moving to the RDS Main Hall this year it’ll be bigger and better than ever. Pop it into your diary for the weekend of the 28th and 29th of September now. Don’t miss your chance to see, feel, hear and taste your way round all that’s new and exciting in Natural Health in Ireland. Check it out at www.vitalityexpo.ie.
Gareth Zeal talk in Only Natural
On a slightly more intimate level we’ll be hosting a free talk in Only Natural on the evening of Thursday July 25th at 7pm. Our topic is “Digestion with a focus on Natural solutions for Crohn’s disease and Diverticulitis”. We’re delighted to offer you the opportunity to hear author and nutritional expert Gareth Zeal speak on the night.
Gareth has over 30 years of Invaluable experience and knowledge. He has co-authored 500 Health tips with Hazel Courtenay and lectures around the world on the benefits of nutrition in practice to naturopaths, health food retailers, pharmacists and doctors. When in the UK he has practices from Aberdeen to London. He specialises in digestive health and advises a number of athletes for endurance training, marathon running, tri-althletes and MMA fighters.
If you suffer from any digestive issue this one will be for you but if you’d like to talk to Gareth on any health related matter we’d love to see you on the night.
Not one but two great new skincare options in Only Natural
Najel Aleppo Soap
1. Key benefits: The primary property of Aleppo soap is to deeply moisturise the skin. Recommended by most dermatologists, thanks to its natural composition, Aleppo soap is suitable for all skin types, whether healthy or problematic. Aleppo soap can help relieve itching for those suffering from psoriasis, acne, and eczema because it will help hydrate the skin. The combination of olive oil and bay laurel oil will help your skin regain suppleness and softness, giving skin a more youthful look. It can also serve as an anti-dandruff shampoo, helping to moisturise the scalp to limit flaking. Placed on the face while allowing it to dry, it makes an excellent mask to minimise imperfections and rejuvenate tired complexions. Finally, Aleppo soap makes a perfect shaving foam because it facilitates the gliding of the razor and hydrates skin that has been subjected to razor burn.
2. Cost: Victim of its own success, Aleppo soap is experiencing a resurgence of counterfeits on the market. These soaps, much less natural than the real Aleppo soap, are generally no longer composed of olive oil and are less concentrated in bay laurel oil: often based on palm oil, they are recognizable by a more uniform color and do not float in water (unlike Aleppo soap). Don’t get caught out, make sure to always check the ingredients of the product you’re buying.For the real deal pop in and try the Najel range today in liquid and solid soaps, shampoos and shower gels.
Dr Maher’s Bodycare
Formulated by Dr. Neil Maher and born out of a fascination with the benefits of seaweeds as used by the people of his locality in Co. Kerry since time immemorial these products are hypoallergenic for the most sensitive of skins and deeply moisturising and healing for sufferers of acne, rosacea, eczema and dermatitis. If you’re looking for the healing properties of seaweed without any chemical adulterants then maybe Dr. Maher’s is the brand for you.
Natural Remedies for the Sneezing Season
Don’t suffer this summer. If you’re looking for natural hay fever remedies these 4 have been found to be among the most effective.
1. Stinging Nettle. A common herb in natural medicine, stinging nettle, may also be a natural antihistamine. In one study, 58 percent of participants found their symptoms relieved with the use of freeze-dried nettles, and 69 participants rated it better than the placebo. Nettle is commonly used in tincture form.
2. Quercetin. Quercetin is an antioxidant found naturally in onions, apples, and other produce. Research has demonstrated the antihistamine effects of quercetin. One study found that it even lessened the respiratory side effects of allergies in rats by reducing inflammatory response in the airways. It’s commonly taken with supportive nutrients in tablet or capsule form.
3. Bromelain. Bromelain is a compound most commonly found in pineapples, but you can also find it in supplement form. It’s said to be effective at treating respiratory distress and inflammation associated with allergies. One study suggests taking between 400 to 500 mg three times daily.
4. Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an easy-to-find natural antihistamine. It’s prevalent in many fruits and vegetables, and also in supplement form. Because it’s free of side effects and nontoxic, it’s a safe solution for treating stuffy nose and other unpleasant symptoms of seasonal allergies. Experts suggest taking at least 2 grams (g) per day for the best antihistamine results. Increase your intake with three to five citrus fruits a day.
Don’t suffer all summer, try one or more of these.