This bread recipe was supplied by our blood sugar controlling expert Paul Wright and is ideal for diabetics and endurance athletes who are looking to avoid the sugar spike and stay in the fat burning mode zone! If the mixture is divided into 6 rolls as per the recipe each roll contains 3g of carbohydrate. It is also gluten and dairy free and can satisfy your bread cravings if your trying to avoid it, these are best eaten with butter whilst still warm from the oven.
300ml Almond Flour
5 tblsp Psylllium Husks
2 tspn Baking Powder
1 tspn Salt
300ml Boiling Water
2 tspn Apple Cider Vinegar
4 Egg Whites
1. Mix dry ingredients in a bowl.
2. Add the boiling water with cider vinegar to dry ingredients and mix until it resembles wet play dough.
3. Beat egg whites until they form stiff peaks and fold into the mix.
4. Moisten hands and form dough into 6 balls. Place on greaseproof baking paper.
5. Place in a pre-heated oven of 170oC and bake for about 60-70 mins.
6. They’re done when you hear a hallow sound if you tap the bottom, or prick them with a cocktail stick, if the stick comes out wet or doughy bake for another 5-10 minutes.