The darker months of winter are a challenge to many of us when it comes to staying well with less daylight and harsher weather bringing what can seem like a maelstrom of colds and flus, coughs, sneezes and sore throats. Consequently in Health Stores we spend these months advising our customers just how not to succumb to winter ailments and here are our top tips. read more →
A delicious alternative to traditional porridge and a great autumnal breakfast, this is a great base recipe that can be jazzed up with herbs, spices and vegetables. Why not try with diced peppers, ground turmeric or with a soft poached egg on top!
Ingredients (serves 1)
½ Onion, diced
½ Cup Organic Vegetable Stock
½ Cup Oats
Sea Salt & Pepper
– Drizzle a small saucepan with olive oil and place over a medium heat
– Add the onions and cook down until soft
– Crumble in the stock cube and mix through
– Add the oats, along with 1 cup of water
– Stir through and then allow to gently cook until it is thick and creamy
– Season to taste and garnish with spring onions or parsley
Join Nichola for her monthly slot on The Morning Mix with Alan Corcoran on Friday 7th October at 11.15am. This month Nichola will be talking about Immunity and how we can help strengthen our immune systems coming into the cold of winter.
So make sure to tune into South East Radio this coming Friday at 11.15am and hopefully Nichola can help set you on the right path for the winter months ahead!