This is one of the dishes that Dale cooked at his cookery demo in Joyces and we enjoyed it so much that we thought we just had to share it! This wonderful warming dish really is super easy to put together and is also super tasty too and as with all currys tastes even better the next day!
- Half a tbsp of coconut oil
- 3 cloves of garlic – finely chopped
- 1 small green chilli – finely chopped
- 1 medium red onion – finely chopped
- 2 fresh lemongrass stalks – bashed with a rolling pin or suitable blunt instrument!
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 1 heaped tablespoon of crunchy peanut butter
- Half a teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 3 cups of sweet potato – diced with skin on
- 1-2 large handfuls of spinach
- Sea salt or pink crystal salt
- Juice of half a lime
- Saute the onion, garlic, chilli, and lemongrass, along with a generous pinch of salt, in the coconut oil until the onion is nice and soft.
- Add the sweet potato and saute for a further 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk, and stir in the peanut butter. Simmer for around 20 minutes until the sauce thickens and the flavour of the lemongrass is really starting to come through and the sweet potatoes are cooked.
- Add the turmeric and stir through.
- Add the spinach and stir the dish until the spinach wilts. Squeeze in the juice of half a lime. Check the seasoning, then ready to serve.
- Serve as is or with a bowl of greens.