[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”12095″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]I think most of us now know that healthy eating is not all about denial and deprivation but this recipe once again proves that it is possible to eat delicious treats whilst doing your body (and mind) some good. Plus the vibrant colour of this Raw Key Lime Pie is bound to be an attention grabber at any dinner table! The recipe says serves 2-4, this would be 4 generous slices and you could easily devide this into 6 slices.
Ingredients (Serves 2-4)
4 tablespoons flaxseeds
5 dates, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons coconut oil
For the filling
3 large ripe avocados
3 teaspoons honey
2 limes[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][vc_column width=”1/2″][vc_single_image image=”12063″ img_size=”medium” style=”vc_box_outline” border_color=”green”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
1. To make the base, place the walnuts, flaxseeds and dates in a food processor. Gently melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a small pan on a very low temperature. Pour the melted oil into the food processor, and process to form a dough.
2. Place the dough in a pie dish, and press down evenly to cover the bottom of the dish. Place in the fridge for 2-3 hours until set.
3. To make the filling, scoop the flesh out of the avocados into the food processor. Add the honey and the juice of both the limes, along with the zest of one of the limes.
4. Melt the remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in the small pan. Pour the melted coconut oil into the food processor, and blend into a smooth purée.
5. Remove the pie base from the fridge and transfer the avocado filling into it. Return to the fridge to set. After an hour or so, the dish is ready to serve.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]